Thursday, September 22, 2005

More stuff about stuff


Hi ya'll,
Okay so Stephanie and I went to the open Mic night at the Green Room, it went about the same as the previous week, a few different people about the same caliber.
The first girl leading off had a very nice voice but it was difficult hearing the words that she wrote, I could tell it was nice stuff, she was a new writer I believe, but if she keeps up with it she will turn out to be pretty good, can't remember her name.

There were a few people that seem to be regulars, that people knew and/or went to see.
I have to say that I had a really good time.
To make this a short blog, the last guy that played, and I don't have his name, was amazing. Going there for 2 weeks was worth the wait.
I could tell by the way he was holding his guitar, and plugging it in that he was going to be good.
I have a new theory, if you play the guitar and are right handed, if you tilt your head to the right when you are playing you most likely a "so so", if you tilt your head to the left or keep it straight up, you are more experienced. I tested this theory on Monday night with Steph's help and it was pretty much true.

Anyway, if the last guy has a website or anything I will post it here, because he was worth watching, he played a jazz chord style, had great writing and great lyrics and a great voice!! Wow!!!

That's it for now.

Talk to you all soon,

Andy

No comments: