Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's day everyone!

Sitting out on the Deck this fine sunday morning, very sunny, nice temp of 60 degrees feels warmer because of the sun out. It is so green in Oregon right now.
The apple tree is at full mast with it's leaves all firm and healthy, our Kiwi plants are all wrapped around the rails of the Deck, it's a wonder we even have any sunlight shining on us. My hop plants are taller than I have ever seen for this time of the year. The birds have so much choice for food and shelter that I can't even see them all but I can clearly hear everyone of them.
I have my humming bird feeder out but it is not being visited all that much because there is so much nectar on the plants and trees, they just don't really need it. I see more of them on my apple tree than I do on the feeder... I will be patient though.
La Resa and I actually went out and bought a bird book because we have seen so many birds and we just don't know what they are, and had enough curiosity to want to know.

We are under a severe weather alert because our temp is supposed to go up into the mid 90's today, doesn't sound like much after leaving florida last week.

I am sure everyone knows this but the little group has a "gig" on June 11th. Have been working toward that, preparing 8 songs. Mike and I practiced outside this week, out on my deck. There is no better sound than just acoustic guitar and upright bass playing without any amplification... it sounded so good...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ELAINE
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY LA RESA

I hope your day is as nice as mine has started out... I feel so good sitting out here typing to you, La Resa is reading the Sunday paper, Selea is running around the yard, Dontay and Chancey are out here with us along with "Precious" the cat...

Nuffa' Dat!

Andy

No comments: