Friday, February 03, 2006

The Green Room again...




I went again to the "Green Room"
this time Tina, Sheri, Pat and Christine went to watch me.
I find it much easier to perform when friends are with me. I was nervous and quite honestly probably would have chickened out had they not been there.
I have never seen that many people at the Green Room ever before. I don't think there too many seats open.

Being nervous and having the friends really forced me to work through the nerves, I just got up there and belted out the songs.
I played:

"I can only show you what I am" New
"That's a Fact" Older
" I can't live with your Cheating no more" off of "The Only Road to Real" CD

I really belted out with my voice. I think I had a real good audience response.
Chuck , the Host, came up and said "Excellent" I hadn't heard him say that to anyone before.

Some blonde chick in the back was really getting into it, she stood up and watched from the corner, okay so I am only mentioning that because I noticed how much she was really getting into it, and I appreciated that.
Tina said "someone back over in that corner was really getting into it"
Could have been a dark haired guy for all I care, it was just nice that someone liked it that much.

I also noticed some of the other musicians really paying attention to what I was doing.
This was also the first time that I have performed standing up using a "guitar strap", that made it much easier to get the nerve kinks out of my system.
I actually really enjoyed it. I want to do it again real soon, but I don't want to be one of those guys who goes every week and wears out the novelty of it all.
I am thinking once a month.

I put an ad in the local area paper, it's online mostly but comes in print also. I was advertising looking for an acoustic guitar playing, singing, songwriting person who wants to team up. I would really like to have someone as passionate as I to play out in public with. I miss playing with Michael, I really enjoyed that time of our lives when we played all the time.. Miss you Mike!
Got an email response already from someone, I am going to be very picky!!

Nuffa Dat!

Talk to you soon...

No comments: