Sunday, May 16, 2004

Update on Kids...

With anything new I go all out so I may end up doing too many of these at first.

Taylor did so well last year in school, so I expected the same this year. It started off well with a 3.5 but then mid term this year she was pulling some real low grades. Needless to say Dad went through the roof. My doing that seems to have paid off. I just signed a progress report where she is pulling mostly straight A's recently. This is pulling up here current grade so she should come out of the year pretty well.
I am not sure if I told anyone or not but she was selected to participate in "Honors English" next year, 9th grade, because of her writing skills. Taylor is into writing because she loves to read "Fantasy Fiction" if you call it that. She spends a lot of time writing and submitting her work online where they critique her and make suggestions. This is very productive for her obviously.
Her selection was a high mark, because there are very few kids selected for this program.

Donovan is being like his Dad when it comes to school. 6th grade he is doing ok, but that isn't good enough. I think now he is starting to care but it is taking a lot of Mom's energy to get him there. I just brow beat him a lot. I think he will pull it off though. He doesn't have a lot of privelages left until he pulls the grades up. Again, it seems to me that he is starting to realize the importance of putting in the effort. (hoping La Resa agrees with me on that one)

Selea is still cute as a button and always amazing me with her communication skills and sudden articulation. I may put her on my next CD signing the ABC song because she really loves that song. "That's a really great song Dad" implying I should write a song as good as that... would be hard to top that.

That's it for now....

No comments: